After a successful four day exhibition in QE2 Square, Downtown Auckland from the 23rd to the 26th of November 2012,
this year the installation Top Secret is going to tour around different parts of Auckland.
(Pictured: Botany Town Centre)
Five venues in five weeks leading up to White Ribbon Day on the 25th of November 2013. All areas of Auckland are covered so not one particular demographic or location is targeted.
This is purely an awareness campaign and is free to the public. I am the driver of the project but the real heroes are the venues that have come onboard to be part of this campaign, to help reach a very large audience.
Starting on the 23rd of October and then the installation moves around Auckland till the 28th of November:
Week One – 23rd – 31st October 2013 – Botany Town Centre
Week Two – 31st October – 6th November 2013 – Albany Mall
Week Three – 7-13th November 2013 – West City
Week Four – 14th – 20th November 2013 – Sylvia Park Mall
Week Five – 21st – 28th November 2013 – Auckland Hospital
My hope is that if someone who is affected by Domestic Violence sees the installation in a public place, it will give them the courage to open up and seek help from family, friends, workmates or an agency.
Find out more
- For more information and photos visit our Facebook page here.
- This is a self funded project please visit the give-a-little website here if you wish to donate to help with the cost of the project.
- Manukau Courier – Friday, 25th October 2013
- Auckland City Harbour News – Friday, 25th October 2013
- Western Leader – Thursday, 31st October 2013
- Ponsonby News – November 2013